BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all!

I'm using SAS forecast program for predict a serie. I have independent variables in my model and I use overrides for this variables but I can't export new values (with overrides) for independent variables. It's always original.

For dependent variable it's ok. I can see and export new values with overrides.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @liguang01 ,

What product are you using exactly?

• Forecast Studio (Forecast Server)
  • Visual Forecasting in SAS VIYA
  • SAS Econometrics procedure (SAS VIYA)
  • SAS/ETS procedure
  • ??

Thanks,

Koen

liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm using Forecast Studio (Forecast Server).

When I'm in Scenario Analysys view I can choose override for independent variables. Model works OK but I would like to export new table with overrides for independent variables.

liguang01_0-1627398423108.png

I always see previuos values of independent variable in the SAS table.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I'm sorry. I haven't used Forecast Server (Forecast Studio) for a long, long time.

I use Visual Forecasting and PROC TSMODEL now.

Thanks to this reply, your question is again at the top of the list.

If nobody has answered by Monday I will have a second look. Maybe I can find the solution in my archives.

You can also open a question with Technical Support in your country!

Good luck,

Koen

liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I didn't see any information about it. If you can tell me anything It will be great!

Thank you so much!

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @liguang01 ,

Unfortunately, I found nothing in my archives. What I remembered was related, but not exactly your question.

When you say:

> I always see previous values of independent variable in the SAS table.

Do you mean you only see historical values in the SAS table or you do see the future values of the independent variables in your SAS table, but you do not see your overrides reflected?

You can still open a question with SAS Technical Support in your country if this topic will not lead you to the solution.

Kind regards,

Koen

liguang01
Obsidian | Level 7
When I say ..." I always see previous values of independent variable in the SAS table " I see future values of the independent variables in my SAS table but overrides are not reflected. I only can see what SAS has predicted in first time.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation