BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Crubal
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have a question on ARIMA Time Series model. 

It is Hospitality industry historical booking data. If a customer make a booking, then Type = 'Booking'; If a customer cancelled the booking, then Type = 'Cancel'. And its original 'Booking' disappears. 

Demand forecasting model uses ARIMA Time series model, and it uses historical demand as input only where Type = 'Booking' (Not using cancellation) Does it mean the output for demand forecatsing only inlude pure 'Booking' not 'Cancelation'? 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

This question is related to logic how to define variable being used for ARIMA model. If you are taking only "booking" then consider those customers who booked and showed up for further analysis.

Crubal
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you! Which means if I only take 'Booking' then forecasting output should only be 'Booked and Showed up' for future days?
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

I mean this would be based on your requirement. If a customer booked and then cancelled resulting no transaction for analysis.

Crubal
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your reply! Sorry I didn't explain very clearly. 

In my situation, if a customer booked and then canncelled, the row of 'Booking' disappears and a new row of 'Cancel' comes out. 

If I just used 'Booking' as input, shall I assume my output for demand forecasting will only include 'Booking' part that already excludes cancellations if the model is good. 

stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

What is the cancellation rate? Also, what is time interval for the time sereies and why do you think ARIMA is a good model for your data?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation