BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dulli
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have a problem with proc panel. I'm trying to estimate panel model (ranone, fixone), but SAS always give me just "ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory."

It's truth, that data base is little big bigger (around 210 000 rows, 61 columns), but shouldn't SAS deal with bigger data sets?

Can you tell me how to increase memory space, or how to estimate the model? I already changed memsize, memmaxsz, also sortsize, but nothing helped. Not even a small change (I'm trying to estimate restricted model, but with change of memsize I was not able to estimate with bigger data set).

How big data sets have you ever tried to use for proc panel?

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Yes, please contact Technical Support directly - you may want to use their online form: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Thanks,

Udo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

There is really not a pre-specified limit on the number of cross sections and/or time periods that the procedure can handle, but large dimensions in either direction could cause memory problem. One thing you may also look at your data is to see if there are large number of cross sections and/or time periods with missing values. If so then removing those missing values might help reduce the size of the data and allows the procedure to allocate enough memory for the model.

I'm sure that my colleagues in Technical Support would be more than happy to help resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Udo

dulli
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for your answer.

My data set is clear, I deleted all observations with missing values (originaly had data set around 800 000 rows).

So should I write directly to Technical Support?

Thank you.

udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Yes, please contact Technical Support directly - you may want to use their online form: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 in conversation