BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me in understanding the ARIMA notation for the input series. Basically i have a response time series y and I have x1 and x2 as my inputs. I did the prewhitening before calculating the crosscorrelation. The prewhitening filter for x1 is ARIMA(1,1,2) and for x2 is ARIMA(0,1,2). And based on the crosscorrelation, I'd like to include lag2 for x1 and lag3 for x2, but I'm not sure how to correctly code it in the "estimate" statement such that the previous whitening filter is taken into account. So far, i have:
proc arima data=fit
identify var=x1(1); estimate p=1 q=2 noint;
identify var=x2(1); estimate q=2 noint;
identify var=y crosscorr=(x1(1) x2(1));
estimate input=(??x1 ??x2) noint;
run;quit;
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
udo_sas
SAS Employee
Hello -
According to documentation of the CROSSCORR option: "Each variable name can be followed by a list of differencing lags in parentheses, the same as for the VAR= specification. If differencing is specified for a variable in the CROSSCORR= list, the differenced series is cross-correlated with the VAR= option series, and the differenced series is used when the ESTIMATE statement INPUT= option refers to the variable."
So this might be what you are looking for:
proc arima data=test;
identify var=x1(1);
estimate p=1 q=2 noint;
identify var=x2(1);
estimate q=2 noint;
identify var=y crosscorr=(x1(2) x2(3));
estimate input=(x1 x2) noint;
run;quit;
Regards,
Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation