BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Werg
Calcite | Level 5
Hello everyone !

It's my very first time in this forum.
I'm trying use 2 prices as an exogenous in a ARIMAX model. But I need to define a restriction in the first price (because doesn't make sense increase the price and the sales increase to), and leave the second price (parameter) free.
I know it's possible apply a restriction (positive or negative) on input, but i don't know if it's possible define different rules for different inputs.
4 REPLIES 4
udo_sas
SAS Employee
Hello -
Not sure if this makes sense, but it might be worthwhile to check out the MODEL procedure of SAS/ETS - see: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/60372/HTML/default/etsug_model_sect048.htm
Thanks,
Udo
Werg
Calcite | Level 5
Hello Udo,

it's something like that, but I thought I could use the proc hpfdiagnose. In the Input Statement is possible define REQUIRED=MAYBE(NEGATIVE), but I don't need restrict all the variable inputs, but only the price.

Thanks !
udo_sas
SAS Employee
Hi -
Have you considered using multiple INPUT statements?
HPFDIAG allows for that - so you would be able to specify different REQUIRED= statements for each of the variables if needed.
Thanks,
Udo
Werg
Calcite | Level 5
Udo, thanks a lot !

I'll try it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation