BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JustABitOutside
Fluorite | Level 6

I am running PROC UCM to forecast ln(sales). The log() function is being used in a preceding DATA step to transform the series. In order to transform back to the original scale and get forecasts of the mean (and not the median), I need the forecasts on the log scale and the estimated residual variance. What's the easiest way (or any way) in PROC UCM to output the residual variance from the model? Thank you in advance for any input you are able to provide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rselukar
SAS Employee

You can specify an OUTFOR= data set in the FORECAST statement.  The STD column in this data set is what you need.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rselukar
SAS Employee

You can specify an OUTFOR= data set in the FORECAST statement.  The STD column in this data set is what you need.

JustABitOutside
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation