BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I am using SAS Forecast Studio on the server. I tried the Override calculator function, it is not available to me, is it normal? See the attached picture.

It is said "You cannot add overrides when the value for the Number of periods to forecast (horizon) option is less than the number of the Calculate statistics of fit over an out-of-sample range option" in the Forecast Studio User Guide, so maybe this reason caused the "override calculator" is not functional? Where can you get the the number of the calculated statistics of fit over an out-of-sample range? Thank you!

Jade

Override calculator.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Puwang
Obsidian | Level 7

I see the problem.

You have to be a forecast server analyst role to be able to override forecast. You can work with the admin to set the proper role.

Goto User Manager, select "Forecast Server: Analyst".

On the popup window, select "Memebers" tab. Add your name to "Current Members".

See the attached screenshot for more details.

L_5E2F.tmp.pngL_A9ED.tmp.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Puwang
Obsidian | Level 7

You can find both settings under "Forecasting Settings->Forecast" (see attached picture):

Forecast -> Number of periods to forecast (horizon) 

Forecast -> Calculate statistics of fit over an out-of-sample range

The out-of-sample calculates fit statistics for a period at the end of the series for just the selected model.

Forecast Settings.png
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Puwang! My setting is the default, see details in attachment.

According to ""You cannot add overrides when the value for the Number of periods to forecast (horizon) option is less than the number of the Calculate statistics of fit over an out-of-sample range option" in the Forecast Studio User Guide, this is not my case. So the override calculator should work for me, why it did not? Is there any function to activate the override calculator? Thank you!

Jade

forecast_setting-JADE.JPG
Puwang
Obsidian | Level 7

I misread your original question.

So to make the override calculator available, you need to select (click on) the corresponding field that you want to override. See attached. Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Pu

override.png
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9
Thank you, Pu! My problem is the override calculator is grey, just like the "delete selected overrides" in your attached image. I tried the click the override row on my table, just nothing show up. Is there any setting issue to activate the overrides in forecast studio? Thank you!
Jade
Puwang
Obsidian | Level 7

Make sure you click the field in override row which falls in forecast horizon. It will enable the override calculator.

The field has a little triangle on the right-bottom side of the box. You can see it from the screenshot in my previous post.

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

There is no field has a little triangle on the override row in my forecast graph. Maybe I did something wrong in the forecasting? See the attached image, is there something I missed in setting up forecast model?

Thank you so much!

Jade

forecast_graph.JPG
alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

Jade, please scroll the table to the right to see the forecasts of the future periods. thanks alex

Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Alex, dragged to the further right, still the same thing. Please see the attached graph.

Thanks,

Jade

forecast_right_end.JPG
Puwang
Obsidian | Level 7

I see the problem.

You have to be a forecast server analyst role to be able to override forecast. You can work with the admin to set the proper role.

Goto User Manager, select "Forecast Server: Analyst".

On the popup window, select "Memebers" tab. Add your name to "Current Members".

See the attached screenshot for more details.

L_5E2F.tmp.pngL_A9ED.tmp.png
Jade_SAS
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you!!!

Jade

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation