BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

When working in the overrides section of Forecast Studio, I've noticed that the attributes shift around while I go through each section. This has been very frustrating as it increases the difficulty of managing my overrides as I try to select each section.

Does anybody know how keep the attribute section static so that override management is easier or is this a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I have moved this question to "SAS Forecasting and Econometrics"-board as it is about (overrides in) Forecast Studio.

This question was in "SAS Viya"-board, but Forecast Server / Forecast Studio is SAS 9.4 based (NOT Viya).

Or do you mean Visual Forecasting in Model Studio?? (that's the VIYA successor to FS in SAS 9.4).

Cheers,

Koen

illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Forecast Studio is actually in SAS Viya 3.5 under the Build Models module.

I think you are referring to Forecast Visual Desktop that is SAS 9.4 based.

illmatic
Quartz | Level 8
Product name:
Model Studio
Release:
SAS® Viya® release:
V.03.05
rajib_nath
SAS Employee

Hi, I am not completely able to understand what you mean by "attributes shift around". Can you please add some screen captures or gifs to elaborate?

The values displayed in every other facet is dependent (and will have to be refreshed) when you select an item in one facet. To give an example, if you select 'Product1' from 'Products' facets, the 'Stores' facet will show only 'Store1' & 'Strore2' where 'Product1' is sold. Again if you select 'Product2' from 'Products' facets, the 'Stores' facet will show 'Store1' & 'Strore2' & 'Store3' where 'Product1' & 'Product2' are sold. So the number of items displayed in a facet would potentially vary with each selection. After each selection the facet panel will need to be refreshed and rendered again which is the shifting I am guessing you mention here. Please correct me if my assumption is incorrect.

Displaying a smaller number of facets may be helpful to reduce the movement. you You can control the visibility of the sections using the Settings button against the Attributes 

rajib_nath_1-1680849401216.png

You can thus manage the number of sections appearing in your display

rajib_nath_2-1680849611000.png

You can also control the individual number of facets to be displayed within each section using 

rajib_nath_3-1680849786518.png

rajib_nath_4-1680849883634.png

If you have lesser number of sections and individual facets, the movement that would happen would be reduced. Let me know if it helps.

If you continue to face the inconvenience, I would request you to raise it through SAS technical support so that we can evaluate and make changes to improve the user experience.

Best regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation