BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Demandpln55
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to the use of SAS but I was wondering if there is anyway to do a mass load of items to a form at the leaf level?

Thank you,

Demandpln55

4 REPLIES 4
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Actually, this is how SAS Forecast Studio is designed - you will need to provide data on the leaf level only.

Not sure what you mean by "mass load of items" - would you mind to clarify?

Thanks,

Udo

Demandpln55
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry for my poor choice of words.  What I am asking is if you have 50 items and as you said need to load at the leaf level is there a way to do this.  We are being told to do it one at a time. Can you use say an Excel form to load all at once?

Thank you very much.

udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Yes, you will need to organize your demand data using a particular structure - but it is very common to do this.

You will find more details in Chapter 5 "Preparing an Input Data Set" of SAS® Forecast Studio 13.2 User’s Guide.

This video might be of interest, too: SAS Forecasting for Desktop 12.1 - YouTube

Thanks,

Udo

Demandpln55
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you so much--our company is just implementing SAS and as a demand planner we are being asked to load the forecasts from APO into the SAS environment. This is fine but on all the new items we have to load as new item down to the leaf level---trying to save some time.

Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation