BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bamunson
Calcite | Level 5

I have Forecast Studio for Desktop 14.2 and base SAS 9.4.

When I start a new project with Forecast Studio, the second step in the process is to choose a data set. In the selection process the tree of choices is not a directory tree on my machine, but I can find the data sets themselves. I have downloaded some data from a SAS Forecast Studio training course, but I don't know how to open it and use it in a project. I can't imagine it will need much if any preprocessing given that it is data from a training course. Is there some kind of "register data" step involved in using data with SAS that I don't know about?

I have next to no experience with base SAS. This is not how I am accustomed to dealing with data when working in R/Python. Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

The "tree" you are seeing from the forecast studio are actually the sas libraries visible from forecast studio. You can copy the sas datasets you want to use to the SASUSER sas libname location. The default location for this build-in library should be located in

C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My SAS Files\9.4

give it a try.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexchien
Pyrite | Level 9

The "tree" you are seeing from the forecast studio are actually the sas libraries visible from forecast studio. You can copy the sas datasets you want to use to the SASUSER sas libname location. The default location for this build-in library should be located in

C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My SAS Files\9.4

give it a try.

bamunson
Calcite | Level 5

thanks @alexchien. i had tried this before but with the sashelp data sets in a different location altogether and it didn't (seem to) work. but what you said did work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation