BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Toni2
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

i have more than 100 variables and use npar1way to estimate KS. 

My aim is each variable to be tested based on the class variable

proc npar1way edf data=mydata noprint;
class source;
var &val;
output out=stat ks;
run;

Below is an example of the outcome for one variable. My question is, do i need to use the KS or the D statistic? 

Kolmogorov-Smirnov Two-Sample Test (Asymptotic)

KS 0.038621 D 0.1039
KSa 1.07377 Pr > KSa 0.1991

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

For comparing two different distributions, look at the graphic at Wikipedia, D is the size vertically of the black arrow, it is the maximum vertical difference between the two distribution. That's the one you want.

The documentation explains the difference: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.4/statug/statug_npar1way_details24.htm

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

For comparing two different distributions, look at the graphic at Wikipedia, D is the size vertically of the black arrow, it is the maximum vertical difference between the two distribution. That's the one you want.

The documentation explains the difference: https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.4/statug/statug_npar1way_details24.htm

--
Paige Miller
Toni2
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
thank you 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation