BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GvTy
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently working on a project that involves producing upwards of 60,000 total forecasts for a 5-tier hierarchy. The issue we are running into involves the storage of the forecast datasets. Is there a specific way to designate where the models will be stored? I understand that it creates a 'folder' for each level of the hierarchy. We would like to store it in several different folders at the higher end of the hierarchy, where there are about 5 different categories and then about 30 different categories branching off of those 5. We are trying to use several of the Forecast Studio macros including %FSPRJAGG and several of the options in %FSCREATE. Any insight would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
SnurreJensen
SAS Employee

In cases where storage becomes an issue I would suggest looking into the following possibilities:

- Make sure that there are no old projects which are no longer needed that takes up storage space

- If the components datasets are not used, avoid creating them at project creation time. In the GUI it is done in Forecasting Settings -> Forecast. If using the %FSCREATE macro this can be controlled using the CREATEOUTCOMPONENT macro variable. Please not that this needs to be defined at project creation time.

Additionally, SAS can also work with compression of the data sets that are being used. This is done using the system option COMPRESS. However, this can impact performance since data sets need to be un-compressed as well. Therefore I would recommend that you investigate the 2 first possibilities mentioned before doing anything else.

Thanks,

Snurre

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation