BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Carlos73
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone!

I'm using the HPFDIAGNOSE Procedure and I've got a question about ouliers and input selection.

I'm searching for outliers (proc hpfdiagnose statement), and also diagnosing over a list of inputs (required=maybe). In the output I can see that outliers are identified, and are treated by using pulses, so I can say that I've got new "inputs" in my model (the pulses).

My question is: Are these "new inputs" (caused by the outliers) analized together with my inputs, (so that if there is collinearity, etc. the outlier pulse could probably not be included), or the selection of regressors is only made on the set of inputs (input statement, required=maybe) independently of the treatment of the outliers?

Thanks a lot in advance,

carlos

1 REPLY 1
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Details about detecting outliers can be found here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/67525/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_arima_details3... - please note that outliers use residuals after ARIMAX components are estimated. Outliers must additionally improve AIC/SBC to be included by HPFDIAGNOSE.

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation