BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to import .far file in SAS Forecast Studio 15.2 based on SAS 9.4. But didn't found any import option in the tool, neither there is any option to do the same in SAS Forecast Project Manager or in SAS Management Console.

Please guide me how I can import the .far file in SAS Forecast Studio based on SAS 9.4.

Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajib_nath
SAS Employee

Hi @Vimal08 ,

Log you have attached indicates the project 'Pricedata_FS_UAR' is imported inside the environment 'Default'.

NOTE: Resolved environment=Default

However, you need to ensure the user is same. This being desktop mode, project would be available to user (logged in to PC) who imported the archive.

Also you mentioned using SAS EG. Hope you are connected to the workspace 'Local' when importing. If another workspace is selected, the project could be imported to Forecast Server instance attached to that workspace.

For simplicity, you can use the Forecast Project Manager and import a Forecast Studio Archive file from there. Need to select an environment on left and then click on the Unarchive Project button from the right.

Hope it helps... 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I haven't used SAS Forecast Studio (based on SAS 9.4) since 2016 or so (I am using Visual Forecasting in VIYA nowadays), but I remember you have to unarchive your project in SAS Forecast Project Manager.

*.far is a Forecasting project ARchive.

I think if you scan this doc (or the software menus) for 'unarchive' rather than 'import' , that you will get some hints.

SAS® Forecast Studio 14.1: User’s Guide

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/forecast/14.1/fsug.pdf

Thanks,

Koen

Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Koen for the input.

In mentioned document there is one global macro which helps to unarchive/import the .far file in SAS Forecast Project Manager, and I have executed the same. But after execution, I am unable to find the project in SAS Forecast Manager. Please find the below code executed on SAS EG and attached log for same. Also it will be great help, if you can help me to figure out where to locate the unarchived project.

%fslogin(desktop=YES);
%fsimport (projectname=Pricedata_FS_UAR,
archivepath=D:\SAS Content Assessment\SAS Forecast\Pricedata_FS.far);
%fslogout();

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

Hi @Vimal08 ,

Log you have attached indicates the project 'Pricedata_FS_UAR' is imported inside the environment 'Default'.

NOTE: Resolved environment=Default

However, you need to ensure the user is same. This being desktop mode, project would be available to user (logged in to PC) who imported the archive.

Also you mentioned using SAS EG. Hope you are connected to the workspace 'Local' when importing. If another workspace is selected, the project could be imported to Forecast Server instance attached to that workspace.

For simplicity, you can use the Forecast Project Manager and import a Forecast Studio Archive file from there. Need to select an environment on left and then click on the Unarchive Project button from the right.

Hope it helps... 

Vimal08
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much!!

We had followed the mentioned procedure and now we are able to see the SAS forecast projects in SAS Forecast Project Manager as well as in SAS Forecast Studio.

rajib_nath
SAS Employee

@Vimal08 , great to know the problem is resolved!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation