BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
markgggg
Calcite | Level 5

I’m running Proc Varmax on sparse data and I’m receiving an “Invalid Operation, Floating Point Error” message and Proc Varmax.stops midway and my whole bigger program stops.  I’m assuming that since the input Time Series data is so sparse it’s dividing by zero somewhere. 

Here’s the issue.  I notice that when this happens in a Macro, Varmax stops (and stops my bigger program) and when I run it in open code (no macro call) Varmax gives the error but completes and gives no output (in which case my bigger program would continue running).  For my purpose it’s OK for Varmax to produce no output as long as it keeps running and doesn’t stop my whole bigger program.

How do get Varmax to keep running in this situation when it’s in a Macro?

I’m using SAS enterprise guide Version 7.1

1 REPLY 1
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Perhaps this will help?  There are system options that control what SAS does after encountering an error.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/1565-2015.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation