BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MasterStudent_A
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I`m trying to replicate the FF-3 factor model. Unfortunately I cannot apply the GRS-test in SAS. 

Anyone who could help me with the GRS-test? I didn't find any hint how to apply the GRS-test in SAS. 

I´m looking forward for the help of the SAS Community. 

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

My quick search for GRS test in SAS turns up nothing. Have you tried using internet search tools for this?

--
Paige Miller
MasterStudent_A
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I already did.

On Google I could find some websites and tutorials guiding how to apply the GRS-test in R, Stata or Python, but unfortunately nothing regarding SAS. 

Thank you!

MasterStudent_A
Fluorite | Level 6
GRS stands for Gibbons Ross Shanken. The GRS test is a statistical test of the hypothesis that αi = 0 ∀i.
It is a test that some linear combination of the factor portfolios is on the minimum variance boundary.
It is used by FF to test whether the expected values of all intercept estimates are zero.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't see that listed here in FAStats but you might this link useful.

Ksharp
Super User

It looks like GRS Test is for the time series analysis which is under SAS/ETS .

Maybe you could post your question at Forecasting forum , some expert about  time series analysis might know the answer.

Or calling @Rick_SAS  @StatDave 

MasterStudent_A
Fluorite | Level 6
It is now in the Forecasting forum, isn't it? Thank you for you help @Ksharp!
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

What SAS PROCedure are you using??

The Gibbons Ross Shanken (GRS) test is (I think) a statistical F-test for the hypothesis that all the alphas (from a set of time-series regressions) are zero.

I think that F-test is done in the procedure that you are using.

If not, it is certainly given for each individual time-series regression and you can then make your own composed / overall test.

Regards,

Koen

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation