BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DaanUtrecht
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

I earlier posted 2 questions on multivariate garch, but got no response. I decided that my question might become more clear with an example

To make my question more clear: I am looking to do an analysis similar to the one in this paper: http://www.opf.slu.cz/kfi/icfb/proc2011/pdf/02_Arifin.pdf

You'd only have to check page 5 for the methodology and page 6 for the results.

Let's assume I have the same stock index return data as in this paper. How could I get the results in table 2, panel A and B, using VARMAX?

1 REPLY 1
ets_kps
SAS Employee

here is a response from the developer:

Given one data set containing two columns, exchangeRate and stockReturn (will need by groups for all countries in your example):

Proc varmax data=one;

Model exchangeRate stockReturn = / p=1; /* VAR(1) with constant mean */

Garch p=1 q=1 form=BEKK; /* BEKK GARCH(1,1) */

Run;

Note that in proc varmax, we calculate constant term, C’C, in garch equation in equation (2) as one symmetric matrix. If the user wants to repeat the paper, he can apply Cholesky decomposition on the constant matrix (by using IML for example).

I hope this helps.  Also, please contact SAS tech support should you require additional help getting started with VARMAX.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation