BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kevin1985
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find a method of detecting structural breaks (more than one) when using panel data. I do not know the timing of the breaks. In fact this is exactly the point of my research, to find out when the breaks occur. I have found some evidence that SAS could help me with this (please see link below or find attached).

Can anyone help me?

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0456-2017.pdf

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
rselukar
SAS Employee

I have written the article you mention.  Coincidentally, someone from Ireland also e-mailed me the same question today.  This article describes a state space model based structural break detection methodology for time series and panel of time series.  I can provide some syntax help if you have access to PROC SSM (part of SAS/ETS).  Both the timings and types of breaks can be discovered if the data can be modeled by state space models.

Kevin1985
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I am the guy from Ireland that emailed you. All good know. I'll get access to PROC SSM and get back to you. Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation