BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JBerry
Quartz | Level 8

I have data at a daily level. I can create a monthly, weekly, or daily forecast in Forecast Studio just fine. But what if I want to create a Forecast using a Fiscal Month, which is a custom definition (22nd - 21st)?  For example, Fiscal May is 4/22 - 5/21.  Is this possible

3 REPLIES 3
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Yes, it is - you will need to define a custom time interval.

See chapter 10 of SAS Forecast Server 13.2 Administrator’s Guide: Adding Custom Time Intervals to SAS Forecast Studio.

For details on custom time intervals see: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/67525/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_intervals_sect...

Thanks,

Udo

Ksharp
Super User

OR you could just minus a constant .

udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

Very good point - in fact you might be better of to create a time series using your custom definition and feed it to SAS Forecast Studio.

PROC EXPAND might be useful to convert you series. A simple data step might do as well.

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation