BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sharat_dwibhasi_okstate_edu
Calcite | Level 5

The dataset I am dealing here is Price Commodity relationship and it has values like:

Snip20151125_6.png

I built several models using Proc Varmax and Proc UCM and I have the Fit Statistics and Parameter Estimates for these models. My requirement is to forecast the amount sold for different scenarios of Avg_Price_Diff to check how the forecast will change if we change the Avg_Price_Diff using these two models.

Is there a way to score data for these different price difference scenarios using the models built by Proc UCM and Proc Varmax.

Please let me know in case you need any further information. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Sharat Dwibhasi,

405-762-3218

1 REPLY 1
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello -

If you have access to SAS Forecast Server you will be able to take advantage of Forecasting Model Score Files and DATA Step Functions at least for your UCMs. See Chapter 22 of the SAS Forecast Server Procedures User's Guide. Or you could use SAS Forecast Studio's scenario analysis feature which provides access to this functionality.

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation