BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ftavano
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am writing my final dissertatation for my master degree.

The objective is to create an index of performance evaluation of professional car racing drivers. I am doing so through statistical data mining techniques, but I am a novice with SAS.

I was wondering if it is possible to receive some instructions on how to do it, or just directions on where I can find some useful material to learn more about that.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ets_kps
SAS Employee

There are many directions to take your question but one technique you might want to consider is Stochastic Frontier Modeling. The underlying model assumes there is a maximum efficiency that can be obtained. Agents in the model can be evaluated based on their "closeness" to maximum efficiency.

Here is a link to its implementation in SAS.  SAS/ETS(R) 12.3 User's Guide

Also, here a link to paper you might mind useful. http://isbm.smeal.psu.edu/library/working-paper-articles/2004-working-papers/06-2004-measuring-perfo...

It doesn't sound as if your data are confidential.  Would you like to share them?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ets_kps
SAS Employee

There are many directions to take your question but one technique you might want to consider is Stochastic Frontier Modeling. The underlying model assumes there is a maximum efficiency that can be obtained. Agents in the model can be evaluated based on their "closeness" to maximum efficiency.

Here is a link to its implementation in SAS.  SAS/ETS(R) 12.3 User's Guide

Also, here a link to paper you might mind useful. http://isbm.smeal.psu.edu/library/working-paper-articles/2004-working-papers/06-2004-measuring-perfo...

It doesn't sound as if your data are confidential.  Would you like to share them?

gzuckier
Calcite | Level 5

Being that you are a newbie, it should be pointed out that ETS is not part of Base SAS license, but optional at extra cost.

ftavano
Calcite | Level 5

This sounds like a very good starting point, I'll take a deeper look into that.....however, you were mentioning that many techniques exist; which other would you recommend me to consider?

Thanks a lot.

PS: yes, my data are not confidential...my database is still "under construction", I'd love to share it once it's done

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation