BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Lem356
Calcite | Level 5

HI all,

I wonder if it's possible to work with 2 servers simultaneously.i'd like to define a library in each other and exchange information between them. How must I proceed??

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lem.

4 REPLIES 4
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

You didn't specify whether the 2 servers have SAS on them or not.

If they do, hopefully you have SAS/Connect.  Just establish a Connect session to both servers and act accordingly.  Or - you can Connect to server 1 and have it connect to server 2 with a remote submit.

If you don't has SAS on them, I would suggest you just allocate the remote files as network drives and access them locally.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

OS2Rules wrote:

If they do, hopefully you have SAS/Connect.  Just establish a Connect session to both servers and act accordingly. 

Hi

Can you guide a bit more on how to use SAS/CONNECT for establishing a connection between two sas servers both of which have CONNECT..

i kind of have the same query...

Thanks

OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Can you connect to each of the servers 1 at a time?  How do you normally access SAS on these systems?

In most cases a Spawner is installed on the server when SAS\Connect is installed.  You can then connect to the spawner from your local session.  There should be no trouble connecting to 2 or more spawners from the same session.

If there is no Spawner, I believe that you can do the same with FTP substituting. 

Once the session have been established, you refer to each session by name, and can use PROC UPLOAD / DOWNLOAD or Remote Submit to access those systems.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Lem,

Are you trying to do this in the context of EGuide?

OS/2Rules comments are based on working directly with SAS Code.  You can use the SAS/connect and spawner, etc. from EGuide, but basically that is connecting to one SAS Analysis server with EGuide and then using that SAS Analysis server to to connect to another SAS Analysis server.

EGuide can process against multiple SAS Analysis servers, but only one at a time.  However, it can get data from a lot of different "data" servers.

If you are just talking about getting data from "data" servers, rather than SAS analysis servers, then the approach of mounting network drives may be the easiest way to go.  Your (one) SAS Analysis Server has to know about the multiple drive locations.  If you are using the local SAS Analytic Server (e.g. your PC), then if you can map the drives, you can do the libname for each and are done.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation