BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Durga_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone -

when we use "saveas" option on sas program to save the file in desired location. By default it is creating as shortcut on the file name.

i have copied  the EGP file to different location it is still looking for the old path. 

Is there a way to make the sas program as permanent file when we using "Saveas" ?

Thanks in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Durga_SAS

If you save the project directly (instead of saving the program), you won't have to individually save your programs.

Said that, in your case, you can go to the program's properties (right-click) and from the General view, you can click on the Embed button.

Embed.JPG

I hope that helps you.

Cheers,
Damo

Durga_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Damo- Thanks for your reply.

i have clicked on embedded option as mentioned below and saved the egp file. the file path is still showing as old location in the properties.

thanks.

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @Durga_SAS

Which version of EG are you using?

With EG7.1, this is what I have after I click on the EMBED button.

- Button is greyed out

- File path shows "(Embedded In Project)" instead of the previous location

Embed2.JPG

Cheers,
Damo

Durga_SAS
Fluorite | Level 6
I have tried it again. it is working as expected. thanks alot for your help!!
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Enterprise Guide has two ways of storing code

- internally ("Embed") in a project file

- externally as a .sas file anywhere that can be reached either on the desktop or through the IOM bridge to the workspace server.

If SAS code is stored externally, the code is represented in the project as a link to the file; this means that for retrieval of the code, the means of storage (server connection, file system) must be accessible to the EG instance where the project is opened.

One thing you can do:

- store programs in the same path where the project is stored, or in a subdirectory thereof

- set the file links to "relative" in File / Project Properties. This only works when everything is stored locallly on the desktop.

The option I like to use is the following:

- set up a central location for codes on your SAS server

- have a filesystem link to that location in every EG user's home directory

- save code to the server, using that link in Server - SASApp (or whatever your Application Server is named) - Files

If you now promote your project to other users, the path to the codes will look the same for them, and they can find the codes that are linked to from the project.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation