BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hey guys,

For both unix and wintel, where will you find the sas related log files and configurations? Are some of the sas related log output being dumped into the native system logs too? Thanks for your advice

-Josh
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Josh,

I'm not sure where you are going with this question, but I'll give it a go.

The server configuration files are in SASV9.CFG, but it's location is dependent on installation parameters that you set. You can just search for the file name. Some configuration parameters can also be set in AUTOEXEC.SAS and on the SAS command execution.

The SAS execution log for any EGuide task is located with the task. Just right-click on the task in the process flow.

To my knowledge, nothing that is SAS-specific goes in the system logs (the use of the SAS program itself might be there, but nothing about how it was used).

Doc
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Doc@Duke. The reason I was asking this was to understand if the default installation (unix and wintel) typically puts it in one particular directory. I read about the logs from SAS for dummies, but it doesnt say much about how to interpret what you see in the log, or how to debug sas programs.
Hopefully, I'll find out more from the little sas book soon.

-Josh

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation