BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

I am using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 and I have looked at the folder sashelp to see if there is any template but I did not find any.

May be I am not looking at the good place.

Moreover, I have found a template written by Stephen Few.

As it is an external template how do we include it (load or save it) in order to use it with SAS EG 7.1

I am sorry if my questions are basic for some of you but I have very little experience with proc template.

Regards,

Alain

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You can check out templates which are available:

http://support.sas.com/techsup/notes/v8/36/900.html

There should also be an option somewhere, but I don't use EG so can't help there.

For your external template, is it provided as plain text (recommend to always use plain text rather than compiled) or compiled catalog?  For plain text, you can just include run it to get the template available.  If its compiled catalog then there is the whole bit issues to worry, about then, plus other potential issues.

alepage
Barite | Level 11

I have found the template of Mr Stephen Few at the following address

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/statgeek/9845cc3d26e4c35e01a2/raw/5673125ae543d62518ec5dad9d509b1...

it is a plain text.  I have copy it in sas and save it as \\...\\sas_template_sf_custom.sas

I am using the following instruction to use it but I wondered if there is a better way to do that such as save my sas file into a library and refer to  it or to upload it with SAS EG and let the software to store it at the good place.

Regards,

alepage
Barite | Level 11

I don't see this dataset in my sashelp library

SASHELP.TMPLMST

I have found VSTYLE which give us the library name, memname and style but I don't know how to refer to it.

Does anyone could help me with that issue.

Regards,

Alain

ballardw
Super User

@alepage wrote:

I don't see this dataset in my sashelp library

SASHELP.TMPLMST

I have found VSTYLE which give us the library name, memname and style but I don't know how to refer to it.

Does anyone could help me with that issue.

Regards,

Alain

References to Styles are associated with a specific ODS destination or the preferences dialog.

If I want to use a specific style for an RTF document for example:

ods rtf style=styles.MyCustomStyle   <other RTF options>;

For your active session either the preferences dialog or

ods html style=whichstyle ;

You don't see a "dataset" as styles are stored in "item stores" which are a special form of data not stored in a data set.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation