BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

hello all,

I am unable to schedule a job in my EG. If I run script created by SAS in my command line it runs successfully but if I save my schedule job only it does not run at all. I am wondering what I am missing here,

Thanks

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you using the scheduling tool that is part of EGuide (In 5.1, it is under File --> schedule project)?  That actually invokes the Scheduled Tasks tool in Windows.  That tool can be disabled by your network admins, and then scheduled tasks will not run.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Are you scheduling on your PC? what user ID is being used to do this?

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Barry,

Yes I am scheduling on my PC. I did not  use any user ID. I thought user id is needed if I have my SAS applications in remote server.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Are you using the scheduling tool that is part of EGuide (In 5.1, it is under File --> schedule project)?  That actually invokes the Scheduled Tasks tool in Windows.  That tool can be disabled by your network admins, and then scheduled tasks will not run.

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Doc@Duke,

Yes I am using file >> schedule a project  option. . But I am able to run my program in command window using cscript xxx.vbs  .Would I be able to run in my command prompt if my admin enabled some program in my computer?. if I want to contact my admin to enable that application I am wondering what should I say to them.

Thanks,

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

This may be relevant to your issue:

30917 - Scheduling projects in SAS® Enterprise Guide®

Depending where your EG connected to (Local PC SAS or Remote SAS server) and your permissions on your PC (mainly whether you are allowed to save your credentials or not), scheduling could be tricky.

Haikuo

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Haikuo,

Thank you for SAS note. I read that already.Since I have SAS in my PC I think issue is with my permissions on my PC.

paulsparrow
Obsidian | Level 7

If you are using windows 7 then probably the issue is network permissions.  Win 7 locks down the Program Files folder pretty good.  I had this issue and had to download a different scheduling software program and load it into a different folder than that of Program Files.

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you everybody for your input. I am able to schedule program using System tools >>scheduled tasks>>create new task.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation