BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KHaavik
Obsidian | Level 7

Is there a way to prevent an accidental F8 in the log window from running the entire egp? I do not ever want to submit code from the log window, but my finger sometimes hits the button out of habit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It appears pressing F3 or F8 in a log window currently runs the entire process flow the program is in.  That is not intuitive.  If focus is in the log, I would not expect F3 or F8 to run anything, since a log is not "runnable" (for the same reason there is no Run button on the contextual toolbar for logs, but there is for programs).  I'll enter this as a suggested improvement in our tracking system, such that F3 and F8 do not run anything when focus is in a log.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I don't think EG function keys can be changed unfortunately.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It appears pressing F3 or F8 in a log window currently runs the entire process flow the program is in.  That is not intuitive.  If focus is in the log, I would not expect F3 or F8 to run anything, since a log is not "runnable" (for the same reason there is no Run button on the contextual toolbar for logs, but there is for programs).  I'll enter this as a suggested improvement in our tracking system, such that F3 and F8 do not run anything when focus is in a log.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

KHaavik
Obsidian | Level 7
Having F8/F3 do nothing in the log window would be awesome from my point of
view. I don't ever want to run code from there and I've hosed my data in a
huge process flow a couple of times by making this mistake.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Agreed and great idea - I've ended up running all open programs accidently this way as they automatically get added to the process flow.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation