BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wkossack
Calcite | Level 5
I have a stored process that I'm using to output data into excel with multiple tabs

To make it simple I use a proc print with a pageby

one of the by variables has too many lines of output and I'm getting a pagebreak in the sheet. Is there any way to avoid this?
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I do not believe that you can control the page-breaking with SAS -- once the stored process got to Excel -- every person who runs that stored process could set different page layout and printing options that would impact the place where Excel put page breaks.

Is there anyway to make your BY groups "smaller" by adding more BY variables into the BY statement???

Also, this is one of those instances where it might be useful to see your stored process code and for you to explain how you populate the multiple tabs (whether the stored process does it automatically or whether you are creating new sheets by selecting "New Sheet" in the popup window for the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office.)

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation