BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Q1983
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

While in sas eg I am unable to choose save as.  When I choose it, sas eg freezes.  I cleared out the search in regedit sas 7.1 however the issue persists.  Has anyone else experienced this ?

I can choose save but not save as.  This means I am unable to create a new program and save it.

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Has EG always behaved like this or has it just started happening? If it has always behaved like this then I'd be inclined to reinstall EG to see if it fixes it.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @Q1983,

Perhaps EG's save dialog is having trouble accessing its last initial save location.  I recommend trying to clear out the save dialog settings with these steps...

-Close EG.

-Open Windows/File Explorer.

-Navigate to %appdata%\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1
(ex. C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\EnterpriseGuide\7.1)

-Rename the SaveDlg file to SaveDlgBak.

-Re-open EG and see if the problem still occurs.  (a default SaveDlg file will get recreated)

If problem still occurs, do the same steps again, but with the OpenDlg file.

Hopefully that will resolve.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation