BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ADS1308
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Server processing is very slow and SAS I/O test are as follows: 

Untitled.png

I/O results are very unstable and EG data processing is also being affected. Currently, EG Query takes 6 hours to complete, earlier it was taking 2 hours (No change in SAS or Windows Environment. RAM >150 GB, Windows Server 2012 R2). 

Can we get any clue to identify the slowness in performance or slowness? 

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Run your code (the most inefficient step) with

options fullstimer;

and post the log (use the {i} button).

Since you're on a toybox, think of cleaning up and defragmenting your filesystem(s).

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

From what I see in your screenshots you have a continuous breakdown of storage throughput from more than 1000 MB/sec to 600 MB/sec to 10 MB/sec. Get in touch with your server admins and have them see what's causing this.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Checking out SAS Environment Manager might help diagnose what is going on here too.

Our SAS 'toy box' (Windows Server 2012 R2 on VMware) provides very consistent run times.

ADS1308
Calcite | Level 5

Windows Server 2012 is not on VMware, its a physical machine. Where do we can check for proper I/O for SAS operations.  

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ADS1308  - Like I said, SAS Environment Manager provides this type of information along with a lot of other useful stuff on CPU usage, memory usage, network performance etc. If you are not familiar with this, talk to your SAS Administrator.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation