BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
me55
Quartz | Level 8

i want to stop the bleeping sas eg pop-ups.  i have searched through options and cannot find them.  they always pop-up when i am programming and roll-over to where i need to start.  then this bleeping thing pop-ups up right where i am trying to get to.  i want this ANNOYING pop-up dead!

2020-07-28_9-43-06-sas_eg_pop-up.png

help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
me55
Quartz | Level 8

as i asked, after searching and searching i believe i have found the solution FINALLY!

Suppress On-Screen Help 

Go to Program >> Editor Options >> Autocomplete, and uncheck "Enable Autocomplete" and "Enable integrated syntax help" if they are checked. Let me know if that isn't enough.

it was the integrated sytax help. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
me55
Quartz | Level 8

as i asked, after searching and searching i believe i have found the solution FINALLY!

Suppress On-Screen Help 

Go to Program >> Editor Options >> Autocomplete, and uncheck "Enable Autocomplete" and "Enable integrated syntax help" if they are checked. Let me know if that isn't enough.

it was the integrated sytax help. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Version 7 or version 8? There might be a difference in the menu layout.

In 7, you go to Program, Editor Options, Auto-Complete (third tab) and deactivate "Integrated Syntax Help". If you're old school like me, you may also want to deactivate the whole auto-complete.

(* Menu items translated from the German version)

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation