BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

I need to move/copy a csv file from server to desktop(local pc) with sas code, can i have sas code to do this ?

(generally for one time thing i just use winscp to drag and drop, but now i need code)

5 REPLIES 5
paulkaefer
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

There's a post on the SAS blogs about this. Does that help?

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,
Thanks for the response
That doesn't help actually, I am just looking for a one line or two lines of code like ftp/scp maybe....!

x scp /uhome/gnayaki/test.txt psasmeta01:/uhome/gnayaki; --> this will send the testfile from one server to another server

?? --> need code to send the file form server to local PC
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unless your SAS server can "see" your local PC drive, that is there is a network share available on the SAS server that points to your local drive then a SAS server code solution isn't possible and that includes @paulkaefer's suggestion.

I'm not familiar with WINSCP but I suspect its doing things the other way around - it "see's" your server drive from your PC. With EG there is normally no local SAS to be able to do something similar. Please advise if you also have local SAS on your PC as that may be an option.  

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
You can use any os command using the X statement as long your OS environment allows you. So this is not really a SAS question.
Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If said SAS code needs to run on a server, you need to have a FTP/SSH daemon (service) running on your local PC. Then you can use the usual suspects on the server to connect to your local PC.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation