Hi

I have got data like this:

App_type_flag

Rural

Consumer

Commercial

Agri

Mining

Questions 1.    What I want to is : When I run the grouping of this data in proc sql...

I want to combine the Rural and Agri as one.

so the App_type_flag  should take Rural and Agri as one observation , 

so Rural + Agri  should be considered as Agri . So App_type_flag  just show,  Agri, consumer, commercial, mining .

What would be the appropriate way to do this:

Should I create a new variable or just change the rural to agri with some code,  please advise.

Question2 :

Also I want to segment the data to remove those records which are withdrawn and it matches the certain app_types

data tk.SBOS_final;

set tk.application_fj;

where final_decision_flag not in ('Withdrawn');

also want to add where app_type_flag not in ('TEMP' , ' ' )

so trying to say where app_type_flag doesn't match TEMP and blanks and the final_decision flag is not in Withdrawn,  how do I combine them and how to write the code effectively.

Please advise.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

data have:

set have;

_App_type_flag=App_type_flag;

if App_type_flag= 'Rural' then  _App_type_flag='Agri';

run;

then do group by using _App_type_flag.. You can keep both the columns just to check the flow of data just in case.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation