BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Friends - i want to redirect 'sasuser' path in sasv9.cfg file in windows environment (We are using SAS EG on server only) and i have 2 questions in mind if someone can suggest me something.

1) i have path as IN SASV9.CFG file like,

-SASUSER "?CSIDL_PERSONAL\MY SAS FILES\9.1"

this path is directed to c:\ drive and wants to redirect it to d:\ drive. path would be "d:\sasprojects" - so should i replace it simply to,

-SASUSER "D:\sasprojects"

is there anywhere in config file (like -SET MYSASFILES "?CSIDL_PERSONAL\MY SAS FILES\9.1") i have to change path too or just at -SASUSER line in sasv9.cfg?

2) If i have to make another path for different sas user - can i write another same SAS statement in config file with different path like

-SASUSER2 "d:\sasprojects_2"

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Absolutely no problem.

Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The CSIDL convention should not be used anymore after Win-vista, according to Microsoft CSIDL (Windows)

It should become knownfolder as of  KNOWNFOLDERID (Windows)

Even if you run EG on a Windows Server it implies the processes are forked like user processes (batch login and more required)

Why wouldn't you run the user processes in the same way as on the desktop.

Windows is one of them most andvanced multi-user OS-systems at this moment. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

so is it safe to modify sasv9.cfg file with -sasuser line command to redirect it's path?

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Absolutely no problem.

Tom

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

agreem but check the location for a similar name with a usermod convention. That one is the prefered one to do your updates . 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks you Jaap and Tom! I will modify same...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation