BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
arnaudd
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I wrote a SAS Enterprise guide project in local on my own PC and I need to migrate it to a remote environment (server) because others PC work with a remote SAS session.

How can I do it fastly without redefining each box from "running on local" to "running on server".

Thanks for the answer,

Arnaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are two options for this.  For a single project, try Tools->Project Maintenance.  This operates on a single project file and allows you to remap server references, library references, and more.

For a collection of projects, try the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) which is included in the EG application directory.  It works similar to the Project Maintenance tool, but you can specify a collection of EGP files to revise with new references.  See more here:

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Second Edition

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Many options, as:

- use the conversion option for servers in the Eguide menu's

But remember running on your own PC (windows) and running remote (probably Unix) can have that lot of difference you should test each node in your project.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
arnaudd
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for your answer. Could you elaborate more about the "conversion option for servers"? I've never heard about that...

Thanks,

Arnaud

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There are two options for this.  For a single project, try Tools->Project Maintenance.  This operates on a single project file and allows you to remap server references, library references, and more.

For a collection of projects, try the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe) which is included in the EG application directory.  It works similar to the Project Maintenance tool, but you can specify a collection of EGP files to revise with new references.  See more here:

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide, Second Edition

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
arnaudd
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Chris and Jaap. You were both right!

Have a nice day,

Arnaud

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation