BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RickyS
Quartz | Level 8

I built out a process to complete some distribution analysis using the designer window, it grew over time and got pretty complex.  I never thought to export the code.

Unfortunately, I found out the file was moved into a new folder today and now the process will not run since it cannot find the original data file.  Is there a way to re-point the filtering and analysis to the new folder without the code?  Since it is the original source data the link filters does not seem to be an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @RickyS,

While it is not exactly clear to me what moved in your case, there are several ways an EG project can be updated to handle data or files that have moved...

1. If data or an external file has moved, you can right-click the data or external file node in the process flow, select the Properties context menu item, click the Change button, and then point to the data or external file in its new location.
  2. You can use Tools->Project Maintenance to update all the references to a particular server, library, data item, or folder in your current project to a new server, library, data item, or folder.
  3. You can use the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe, in the EG installation directory) to batch update all the references to a particular server, library, data item, or folder in one or more projects to a new server, library, data item, or folder.

One of those might meets your needs.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @RickyS,

While it is not exactly clear to me what moved in your case, there are several ways an EG project can be updated to handle data or files that have moved...

1. If data or an external file has moved, you can right-click the data or external file node in the process flow, select the Properties context menu item, click the Change button, and then point to the data or external file in its new location.
  2. You can use Tools->Project Maintenance to update all the references to a particular server, library, data item, or folder in your current project to a new server, library, data item, or folder.
  3. You can use the Migration Wizard (MigrationWizard.exe, in the EG installation directory) to batch update all the references to a particular server, library, data item, or folder in one or more projects to a new server, library, data item, or folder.

One of those might meets your needs.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation