BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hargravs
Calcite | Level 5

Please assist by reviewing the code below. Table is not being created.

proc sql;
create table VERA_114 as
select a.*, b.gender, b.age, b.race, b.mental_health_need, b.developmental_disability
from VERA_113 as a left join popdemog.inmate_daily_count as b on
a.record_key = b.record_key and a.inmate_daily_count_date = b.inmate_daily_count_date
order by a.record_key;
quit;

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

There is no information here for debug?  "Table not being created" could be anything, is the power on?  You need to post full information for us, what does the log say, why is it not being created.  Do the tables exist, are the variables in them etc.

hargravs
Calcite | Level 5

I am helping out a co-worker that has created a complex file. The program errors out with an

"ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.'SASTMP-000000042'n.UTILITY.
ERROR: File WORK.'SASTMP-000000042'n.UTILITY is damaged. I/O processing did not complete.
NOTE: Error was encountered during utility-file processing. You may be able to execute the SQL
statement successfully if you allocate more space to the WORK library.
ERROR: There is not enough WORK disk space to store the results of an internal sorting phase."

I have contacted SAS support who has provided several suggestions of which none resolved the issue. I thought maybe something was incorrect in the code that could be causing this error. 

hargravs
Calcite | Level 5

Would it be more helpful if i attached the file?

ballardw
Super User

I think

"ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.'SASTMP-000000042'n.UTILITY.

"ERROR: There is not enough WORK disk space to store the results of an internal sorting phase."

Should be relatively clear. The attempted program is trying to use more memory and/or disk space than allowed.

If this is a server job, which seems likely, you may want to talk to your SAS admin about increasing space allocation.

hargravs
Calcite | Level 5
thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation