BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
datalligence
Fluorite | Level 6
hi everyone,

can somebody please tell me which is the default correlation used in PROC FACTOR? is it pearson's or spearman's?

thanks,
romakanta
3 REPLIES 3
datalligence
Fluorite | Level 6
can someone at SAS answer this?

i know that the correlation type can be specified with proc corr. but in factor analysis, i may have ratio/interval variables for which the pearson correlation is appropriate, or ordinal/rating variables for which the spearman correlation is appropriate.

so which correlation is used as a default when i use proc factor?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you need a response quickly, then your best source of help is SAS Technical Support.

To send a question to Tech Support, go to http://support.sas.com/ and in the left-hand navigation pane, click on the link entitled "Submit a Problem".

cynthia
Calcite | Level 5
Also, if you need a quick answer, you could output the correlation matrix from PROC FACTOR and compare it to different methods from PROC CORR to figure out which type of correlation is used.

I would bet pearson's correlation although I couldn't find anything that explicitly says so.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation