BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pmbrown
Quartz | Level 8

i am unfamiliar with sas EG (i have always used v9.4)

i have this problem: https://communities.sas.com/t5/New-SAS-User/Cannot-run-program-in-SAS-EG-8-2/td-p/619812

even if i try to run a basic data step like the weight_club data from here: 

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/basess/n053a58fwk57v7n14h8x7y7u34y4.htm

the 'run' icon is greyed out and i can't run anything; there is a green bug symbol suggesting the whole data step contains a bug:

Capture.PNG

i assume if i had sas9.4 i wouldn't have these problems? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You don't have any SAS servers in your environment. If you don't have SAS installed on your local machine, then you must connect to a SAS environment using a metadata profile.

If you do have SAS installed but it's not detected, check this article: Using SAS Enterprise Guide with your local SAS installation 

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pmbrown
Quartz | Level 8

thanks

but I turned off debug mode and the run icon is still greyed out

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You don't have any SAS servers in your environment. If you don't have SAS installed on your local machine, then you must connect to a SAS environment using a metadata profile.

If you do have SAS installed but it's not detected, check this article: Using SAS Enterprise Guide with your local SAS installation 

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
pmbrown
Quartz | Level 8

thanks, that article is quite useful, especially the instructions under "What if no "Local" SAS is detected?". Although when i try to run "sas /regserver" it says: sas is not recognised as an internal or external command. Maybe i need to add it to system environ variables. At this point i'll have to speak to our IT

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation