BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sbish7
Fluorite | Level 6

HI All,

We are facing  very unusual issue while fetching data from informix database. All the null values are populated by last non null value. For ex. if the email for any customer is blank then while fetching it gets populated by the last non null email id. Is there any property that we need to set in sas management console for this.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbish7
Fluorite | Level 6

Issue is now resolved . We upgrade the informix odbc driver to version 4.10.fc9. now data is coming as expected.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I don't usually say this, but your post is so bizarre I'm wondering if something else is happening.

Can I suggest you create a query that demonstrates this behaviour with the simplest possible code, and then post that code?

I've never heard of anything even remotely resembling this before.

Tom

sbish7
Fluorite | Level 6

please find attached the snapshots of the code and the output. this is the first time i have seen this issue. Could it be a driver issue.

sas code.PNGSAS Output 1.PNG
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I would contact SAS Tech Support on this one. Point them at exactly this conversation; you have provided an excellent example for them to see. I can't conceive of any explanation for this where the software is working correctly.

As a sanity check, I ran the following code and it returned exactly the expected results (second row email and mobile were null).

Tom

data Caddresses;

length serno 8 email $32 mobile 8;

serno = 165717; email = "md@gmail.com"; mobile =9523; output;

serno = 165718; call missing(email, mobile); output;

run;

proc sql;

select serno, email, mobile from Caddresses where serno in(165717, 165718);

quit;

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Check into what you are pulling from.  

Perhaps it is a view and the WHERE clause is getting applied in an unexpected way.

Run it using explicit pass through mode.

Turn on logging options to see the exact SQL that SAS generate to perform the implicit pass thru.

sbish7
Fluorite | Level 6

Issue is now resolved . We upgrade the informix odbc driver to version 4.10.fc9. now data is coming as expected.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation