BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kiranv_
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If  I run PROC PRINT  or do a PROC FREQ once, I see my results.   if proc print again , I do not want to overwrite my results but want my results appended to old result in that particular session. Is this possible in SAS Enterprise Guide.

5 REPLIES 5
Haris
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Not if you use the same program.  You can open a new program window.  Or you can write two PROC FREQs and run them both.  Or you could save the first run as SAS Report and then run the second one.  Many work-arounds but SEG does not work the same way as SAS in this respect as far as I can tell.  I've been using SEG exclusively for the past decade or more and stopped looking to replicate Base SAS behavior long time ago.  You get used to it.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think there may be some changes in this area with Enterprise Guide 8.1, due out this month. This version is a major upgrade so it would be well worth your while being an early adopter.

theah
Calcite | Level 5

Do you know if there has been any change to this with EG 8.1?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The latest version is 8.3 and the results window is still overwritten.

Roger_Dodger
Calcite | Level 5

I often want to temporarily keep a report available that would be overwritten by running a portion of the same code file. The quickest workaround for me to keep the report available is, while on the results tab, right click the report name in the left side index and "share" it with another application. Sharing it with "Send to Windows default" is probably the best option for most users and if you haven't changed the default report style from HTML (in the Tools > Options > Results menu) then that should send it to a new tab in your web browser.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation