BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wizzee
Calcite | Level 5

hi

I am new to sas enterprise guide and I am struggling to setup a local server and as it needs a server to open or use any data I cant do anything.

Please help

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are wanting to run a sas job, from EG on the same computer ("local server") then no set up is normally needed (assuming you are using a desktop PC or similar). Have you tried running something? In a SAS program window type: proc options; run;

Then run this program pressing the run button. SAS will start a local server session at this time. You should find you have a LOG window that will tell you if the program ran OK or not.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Wizzee,

To follow-up on SASkiwi's comment, if you did a new install of SAS, then EGuide and SAS should have been installed together on the desktop.  It may be that you initial installation did not do what you thought it did.  I have seen some SAS Software Depots that were configured (inappropriately, IMHO) to just install the EGuide client, which meant that the server did not exist on the desktop; we ended up doing a rip-and-replace to get the proper configuration.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Tools->options-> Administration->connections->add profile(machine->local or remote)

Please check the screen shot below...Hope it helps....Conn.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Other reasons why you may not get a "complete" SAS desktop install, is that Foundation SAS was not selected during the install process, or that the installer tried to install 64-bit SAS on a 32-bit Windows desktop. If you do this then SAS does not object, but only installs 32-bit EG and doesn't even show you the Foundation SAS selection required to have a "local  server".

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation