BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kschott
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm not a SAS admin and do not know a lot about Windows domains and LDAP; I'm just a regular EG end user.  When making a library reference with TERADATA I use the AUTHDOMAIN= option for authentication.  Before this authentication method, I "tell" SAS my Windows password through EG Explorer --> Login Manager.  When I change my Windows password, am I also required to update my Windows password in Login Manager? 

Thanks,

-Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You change your Windows password in your EG Profile whenever you change your password in Windows itself, unless you are using the IWA check box:

SASKiwi_0-1686863366286.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You change your Windows password in your EG Profile whenever you change your password in Windows itself, unless you are using the IWA check box:

SASKiwi_0-1686863366286.png

wordpresstrain
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

As an EG end user, I don't have much knowledge about SAS admin tasks or Windows domains and LDAP. However, when it comes to making a library reference with TERADATA in SAS, I utilize the AUTHDOMAIN= option for authentication. Prior to this authentication method, I used to provide my Windows password to SAS through EG Explorer -> Login Manager. Now, my question is, if I change my Windows password, do I also need to update it in Login Manager?

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation