BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello,

My employer has installed SAS EG 8.3 64 bits a week ago.  We can use two different servers, the development server and the production server.  For some reasons I don't know , I am experiencing from time to time, a lost of connection on the development server but up to now it never happened on the production server.

Is there a script I can run to help me to diagnose the problem.

I also found an article on the subject but I wonder if it is the solution I need has the problem seems to appears only on a particular server https://support.sas.com/kb/65/917.html 

I hope that someone in the community has already face this issue and will be able to propose something

Regards,

10 REPLIES 10
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It is important to realise that SAS Enterprise Guide dropped connections can be caused by a wide variety of issues. You need to narrow down the cause by looking through all possible evidence before identifying any solution.

At the very least you should look at the SAS metadata server and SAS workspace server logs around the times of your dropouts to find any events related to your connections. Turning on EG logging and diagnosing these may also help - something Tech Support often asks for.

You would be best to raise a Tech Support track so they can step you through diagnosing the evidence.

PS - the SAS note you referenced is for EG 8.1 only so is not relevant for EG 8.3.

alepage
Barite | Level 11

I will contact the support team to get some help because we still have the issue.

Also, we already have SAS admin but they are not able to solve the issue.

Regards,

jmic_nyk
Obsidian | Level 7

Are you shure the fix is not relevant for 8.3? problem note 65917 includes a fix (E2F005) for Integration Technologies and not EG83. And it is not stated in the problem note which release or version it will be fixed. Have the same problem with EG83

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you have it happen on one server but not the other:

• check differences between the connection profiles
  • have the network connections checked for firewall settings
  • have the servers themselves checked (metadata definitions, network settings)

Most likely, somewhere in there is a difference

joasan
SAS Employee

Interestingly, I am seeing the same message display when my laptop goes on sleep mode, even when all the connections are in my local machine and not in external servers.  A link displays as part of the message enabling me to re-establish the connection, and usually that works, but other times I end up having to restart SAS Enterprise Guide just to be able to access some files in my local machine. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@joasan - In my experience EG 8.3 appears to not recover from sleep mode as well as previous versions. Sometimes it works but often as you say EG has to be restarted.   

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings @alepage. Did you ever resolve this issue? We are just transitioning our users to EG 8.3 and so far one person has indicated that he finds his connection dropping more frequently that when he used EG 7.15 and another person today received an unusual 'unable to connect to the server' message in EG 8.3 but was able to connect to the same server and run his program in EG 7.15. If you resolved your issue, I'd love to know what the resolution was. Otherwise, I'll submit a ticket to SAS tech support and we'll work through the back-and-forth emails to try to find a resolution. Thanks in advance.

~Tamara
alepage
Barite | Level 11
select no profile, then select the profile and it works
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Well that seems delightfully easy. We'll give that a shot and see if it resolves our issues. Thank you!

~Tamara
sas_royal
Calcite | Level 5
I didnt understand this.What are you trying to say to do so it should not disconnect?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 in conversation