BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reone
Calcite | Level 5

Hi to all!!

I use Enterprise Guide in order to write sas code in My local host.

I haven't SAS server in in my host but only Enterprise Guide.

I connect my host to remote SAS server(Unix) by Enterprise Guide, and we write the sas code in local host, but it's like to run the sas program in remote server unix.

When I define the libname in EG, it recognizes only the directory path of the remote server Unix ( ex:    libname pippo "/base/pol/....";)..

I need, to declare a libname that recognizes also the local directory path of my computer local host, for example:   LIBNAME save "C:/program_files/sas";

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
robby_beum
Quartz | Level 8

I believe it's possible but you'll need to make a few changes because the server doesn't know what C:\ is...

In order for the server to recognize your C:\ drive, you'll need to "share" it under it's properties and call it C$. Then when you use it in your libanme statement, you'll need to give it a recognizable path that the server can see. For example:

libname save "\\your_pc_name\C$\program_files\sas";

reone
Calcite | Level 5

Ok thanks!!

but

how can I set EG in order to do the actions that you describe?

"""In order for the server to recognize your C:\ drive, you'll need to "share" it under it's properties and call it C$. Then when you use it in your libanme statement, you'll need to give it a recognizable path that the server can see."""

thanks!

robby_beum
Quartz | Level 8

I'm not sure what you mean "how can I set EG..."

You rename and change the properties of your C:\ drive in windows explorer and your libname statement goes in your SAS code. There's nothing to change in EG.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation