BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I have SAS EG install in my system and im trying to connect to the local server. When i open EG it pops up error saying EG cannot connect to the repository. Any Suggestions

Message was edited by: saran

Message was edited by: saran
13 REPLIES 13
deleted_user
Not applicable
Have you installed Base SAS on you local mashine?
What installation of EG you use?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Lutrin,

I dont have Base SAS installed in my system. Is it you cant connect to server without having Base SAS in place? And does EG connect to local computer or only to the server?
deleted_user
Not applicable
As i know. If you don't have install base SAS on local mashine, you can't connect to the local through EG. EG is only client. It don't have all power of SAS.
You can connect to the remote server, even if you don't have installed base SAS on local mashine. But in first post on this thread, you say about connect to local...?
deleted_user
Not applicable
thanks lurin. I was looking out if possible to connect to the remote server too without base sas.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Connecting to remote mashine failed? Any errtor?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Unable to connect to repository
deleted_user
Not applicable
Any explain in details of error? Wich settings you use to connect?
Tools -> Options -> Server and Repository?
Give more details 🙂 I'm not psychic 🙂
As variant. Try to search you error on support.sas.com.
Flip
Fluorite | Level 6
First thing is to check with the people that set up your repository to make sure you are using the correct credentials.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi saran,
this link might help you.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts790.pdf

regards, Tomaž
deleted_user
Not applicable
Unfortunately this is not always work. (
In my configuration, this test does not pass. But EG connectivity success.
deleted_user
Not applicable
saran.
check the following:
Did MetadataServer up on remote mashine. Did ObjectSpawner up on remote mashine.
Did WorkspaceServer depend on ObjectSpawner.
Do you enter correct settings (srever, port, user, password) in you connect in EG.
And write details of error generated in the EG.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Im just checked out but still there are issues. But i got aquick question out of the topic. When connecting to local do the user needs to have metadata server account. Thanks Lutrin
deleted_user
Not applicable
To connect local you only must have install sas foundation on local mashine. You don't need metadataserver registration.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation