BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

In SAS EG when I open server-> files it doesn't show my home directory and instead it showing directory
under '/opt'.  My other colleagues can see their home directories. What can be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Riana,

The location that you seeing (or should be seeing) is controlled by the metadata configuration of the workspace server. It is the "File Navigation" setting available under the advanced options of that workspace server properties in SAS Managemt Console. Check that setting or have it checked by your admin people and work from there. Also, when comparing with your collegues make sure you are looking at the same server (SASApp or whatever is available to you). Each server context may have a different setting.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

cam depend on several things, most likely authorization setting in SAS metadata, or something connected to you UNIX account.

talk to you SAS server admin for assistance.

Data never sleeps
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks LinusH for your answer. I have access to SAS Management Console and I have the same access rights that my colleauges have.

• Is there any other part(s) in SAS MC that should be checked?
  • I had contact with UNIX team to check my account but I am curious to know what they are going to check. Could you please be more specific about what should be checked for UNIX account?

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What happens if you log on to the server with ssh (PuTTY)? If you are able, enter pwd immediately after to see which directory you end up in.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Could be a faulty user definition

- your user does not have the correct directory specified in /etc/passwd (or in the LDAP source)

- your user does not have the correct permissions on the home directory

These things sometimes happen as typoes when entering new users. eg new user is y3578, but home directory is erroneously entered as /home/y3758. Since user y3758 already exists (and has a corresponding home directory), no new directory is created, but the permissions prevent access to /home/y3758 (as it should be).

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Riana,

The location that you seeing (or should be seeing) is controlled by the metadata configuration of the workspace server. It is the "File Navigation" setting available under the advanced options of that workspace server properties in SAS Managemt Console. Check that setting or have it checked by your admin people and work from there. Also, when comparing with your collegues make sure you are looking at the same server (SASApp or whatever is available to you). Each server context may have a different setting.

Hope this helps,

- Jan.

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Jan. It really helped. Now I can see my folders.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation