BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I run my projects on SASMain server. Every time when I run a project, I need to right-click the data sets on the server that I will use in the project to assign, otherwise there will be a warning message "******* is not assigned".

Does anybody know if I write a statement (e.g. LIBNAME...) on the top of my project code to assign the following codes to the data set on the server? Later, another statement would assign to another data set if necessary.

I tried the LIBNAME statement, but it needs UserID and password. The system admin cannot give his password to me. But we guess since I have already logged on using my UserID and password, so it should have some method to dynamically or automatically assign, rather than right-click it every time. The bottom line is when I click to run the project, everything can be passed through.

I appreciate any solution or hint. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
deleted_user
Not applicable
assigning to the local computer if fine, but assigning to the server does not work.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
This might not apply to you yet, but if you are using SAS 9.2 (latest release), you can use the new AUTHDOMAIN option on the libname statement.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acreldb/61890/HTML/default/a003175613.htm

This allows all users to make use of the same syntax for a library assignment without providing credentials. The credentials used would be inferred from your metadata-supported identity.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
thanks Chris.
That does not apply to us.
mgst170
SAS Employee
Alternatively, if you are using 9.1.3, setting your SAS libraries to "Pre-Assigned" via the Management console, and setting invocation option "metaautoinit" for your workspace server will asign all your libraires on start up of E-Guide.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks, mgst170.
Unfortunately, our SAS admin decided not to use the Preassigning function. Message was edited by: COEG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation