BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nirmalya
Calcite | Level 5

Suppose my source tables are in Oracle server. Now I want to extract data from oracle server and after transformation I want to load final data into Teradata server using SAS EG. 

How can I do that ?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Nirmalya and welcome to the community.

The easiest way would be to use SAS/ACCESS Software - you'd need both ORACLE & TERADATA ACCESS licences. Failing that ODBC might be an option.

Here's a link to the SAS/ACCESS info page https://www.sas.com/en_gb/software/access.html

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

The easiest option is to simply use the query builder, with the output being a table in your Teradata environment. But if efficiency is a concern, you'd probably want to use any bulk loading facilities that are available, and to do that you'd need to write code in a code window.

Are you comfortable writing SAS code?

Tom

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation