BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
relish
Calcite | Level 5

I want to join the two datasets to do the analyzing work, while for one data file, all the variables are characters, so how to transform them?

5 REPLIES 5
art297
Opal | Level 21

Provide an example of what you have and what you want.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

relish
Calcite | Level 5

sorry for misunderstanding, I am analyzing the customer lifetime value related content, while one variable is called lifstage, which is divided to on-contract, off-contract, expiry,pre-expiry,early tenured, so I want to create dummy virables to modify them, but I do not know how to use sas EG to complete it, or is there any other good methods to finish the relationship analyzing?

Reeza
Super User

Depending on the model you're running, if you include it in the Categorical or CLASS list SAS will automatically do this for you.

Otherwise, here are several ways to create dummy variables:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-create-dummy-variables-Categorical-Var...

relish
Calcite | Level 5

thanks so much for your relay, I have tried the glmmod method, while the final resultes include too many vairables so SAS was filed to open the result¬¬

Reeza
Super User

@relish wrote:

thanks so much for your relay, I have tried the glmmod method, while the final resultes include too many vairables so SAS was filed to open the result¬¬

Is that failed to open? How many variables did you have? I can only see that happening if you tried to include a continuous variable in the CLASS list. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation